Friday, March 24, 2006

Light My Fire....

"With friends surrounding..." -Gilmour/Samson

In 2005 I attended another in a long series of campfires in the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York. I've been going up there since 1984 when I was a kid, and in this picture is Peter, who has been a friend of mine since that time, with his son, Max (today is Peter's Birthday...Happy Birthday Pete!!!). Whenever I've sought inspiration, I've turned to memories of this place. The "Camp-out", as we've called them, was just one of countless opportunities to bond with each other, find out about yourself, and dare to dream. I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, and it was Peter along with another friend, Sean, who first turned me on to that group as well as a whole genre of music.

These memories and that music are getting a lot of replay these days as I get centered and hold on to the idealism that sent me into social services. Well, off I go to start an important day.....

No comments: