Sunday, January 15, 2006

Scalpers, Profiteering, and Frustration....

Man, I missed a chance to get tickets to see a great musician yesterday!!!! David Gilmour, the Pink Floyd guitarist who is going on tour this year, will be in NYC in a few months, and can you believe those tickets sold out in minutes.....and do you know why??

People snatched them up to sell them at inflated values on E-Bay or even scalp them, I imagine, at the venue the day of...... Why isn't selling these tickets on e-bay illegal? Geez, man...I mean come on!!!! Do these people realize what this does to the common fan?

My agency better get this grant I'm working on; I might have missed my chance to get ahead of those profiteers because I've been focused on this damn application!!!! If I would have missed out because they sold out in a few hours then maybe I'd feel different, but this just isn't fair.

Anyway, I better get back to this grant....

No comments: