Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What's Important....

This picture was when Noella turned four years old this past October. I have this picture of her and Christine on my home computer, work computer, and laptop desktops to remind me that very little else matters except their happiness. There is very little else that gives me more satisfaction than when I see these two happy, excited, content, etc.

I'm now in "grant mode", as I like to call it. There is a potentially huge grant from the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development due next Thursday, and it could make a huge difference for the kids in the community where I work. When I get into "grant mode", I shut the door and go on a writing marathon that keeps me up all night and causes more of my hair to fall out. This picture is going to help keep me grounded; no matter how busy or stressed I get, they are there waiting for me...

Well, enough of this blogging stuff for now.... I've begun pulling stuff together for my next TBP Part 3, but I have a grant to write!!!

No comments: