Tuesday, December 26, 2006

2006 Christmas Tour

This weekend felt like the "Chriselo Family Christmas Tour" with back and forth traveling to malls and parties in three different states. Noella hung in there like a trooper, she had a great time Saturday (with my side of the family) and Sunday (with Chistine's side). It was good to hang out with my side after not seeing some of them for almost two years! Christmas Eve, as always, was the time to continue our tradition of dinner, merengue, and opening gifts. "Pelito", Christine's grandfather was there again like at Thanksgiving. This may very well be the last time many of us see him, and though we never spoke it, we all thought the same thing as we said our good-bye's. By looking at the growing younger deneration, I could tell Christine's family is accultuating much the same as my family at least thirty earlier. It's good to see her side is able to hold on to more traditions from the motherland. We need to pass those forward as much as possible.
Monday was time for a quiet dinner in my house with my mom. It was relaxing to finally be home, and it was special in it's own way. My only wish is for a peaceful and prosperous 2007....

No comments: