Friday, December 16, 2005

The Future....

"Always in motion the future is." That's what a wise old Jedi Master said once. As I keep track of current events in mainstream media (and current events that slip unnoticed in mainstream media), I can't help but think of Noella, my four year old daughter who will never know what the World Trade Center is...but will always be reminded of how different the world was one month before she was born as the US continues commemorating the 9/11 Anniversaies well into her future.

I'm not really a blog fan, but I'm compelled to stake my claim to this little corner of the internet and make comment as a father who is not sure what kind of world he brought a child into. Through the eyes of parenthood the world seems like such a different place, but the effect was magnified on 9/11/2001 as I drove down Riverside Drive on Manhattan's west side with the WTC on fire in the foreground and my mind on where my 8-month pregnant wife was. As I raced to pick her up, the wisdom of that Jedi Master struck my core....the future I saw for my family was in effect no more...

In motion the future still is as uncertain is our fate, and oblivious Noella will continue to be as she jumps around in her 99 cent squeeky shoes made in China....

1 comment:

first time pee stories said...

Wepulled him out of the pool noticing that his chest now sprouted two,proud and firm female breasts. Bessie wont be doin you boys any time soon.
free gay rape stories
fuck stories free
sex stories to tell your boyfriend
nifty stories in arabic language
very young sex stories
Wepulled him out of the pool noticing that his chest now sprouted two,proud and firm female breasts. Bessie wont be doin you boys any time soon.