Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tired & Tempted

Somedays you wake up and just want to stay in bed....this is one of those days. It's been a long couple of months wearing several hats at work, being a daddy to Noella in the evening, and all kinds of other demands throughout the day for weeks on end. It feels like I haven't had a day off in a really long time, and today it's so cold outside. Over my shoulder is NY1 coverage of the NYC Transit Strike, and in front of me is a stack of papers accumulated so high on my desk at home that I literally can't see half of the computer monitor. Sometimes you just need to turn off life for a few hours to get some rest....

Okay, I'll compromise.....I really want to go to work today to be honest, I just need a break at somepoint...geez.... I'll go in a little later today and use some comp time I've got accumulated (yes, I have that flexibility so I could be in a worse position). Life is really good to me....but everyone has to decompress at some point, don't they? Thanks to this little space on the internet, I can blow off a little steam...

Let me not put on the National news so I don't get bummed about that and change my mind!!

No comments: