Tuesday, April 04, 2006

David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall: Day One

The sky cleared up and RCMH was ready to receive the Gaggle of Gilmourrim with open arms. The sound check was booming through the closed doors on 51st Street. Little did I know that the renditions of "Shine On", "The Blue", and some "harmony thingy" I heard included the legends David Crosby & Graham Nash! I may not have attended today, but I did get to hear them do those songs!!!

Here are DG Blogger mates who came to hang out before the show. There I am with Wendy, Sally, Tom, and guests before we went around the corner to Heartland Brewery.


Here we are at Heartland Brewery talking about all things Floyd, the David Gilmour Blog, and our fearless Features Editor (all positive, 'onest!)

My blogger friends encouraged me to try and stand on line and get tickets on reserve that were not picked up. I got to third in line, but no luck. But no matter....


...It's my time tomorrow night! As I was walking towards the train station, I snapped this shot of the 42nd Street/Times Square area. The picture doesn't do it justice. As chaotic as this town can get, I can think of no where else I'd rather live. This city, for me, embodies all that is dark about humanity as well as all that is good and beautiful. No example is more apparent than on that horrific day of September 11th, 2001 and the days afterward when everyone knew each other, held each other, grieved together, and rallied together to stand up in the face of tragedy to proclaim we would not give in to fear. Politics aside, New York City has rebounded 100% and then some. If you look into the eyes of a New Yorker, look beyond the attitude and see yourself in his or her eyes....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew Silent Bob was a fan of Gilmour!

Angelo Ortiz said...

Hey Johnny, you're right!!! I never noticed! LOL!