Sunday, April 16, 2006

Noella's Dora Adventure


Today was Noella's turn to see an "icon" at Radio City Music Hall. This was the picture I took after we saw "Dora's Pirate Adventure", a cute show that had Noella on her feet most of the time. We started with hot dogs at Gray's Papaya's on 72nd Street and made our way down. Why Gray's Papaya? Five hot dogs at Gray's: $4.75. One hot dog at RCMH: $3.75!

This was our first little trip together anywhere in a very long time, and it was well worth it. Everything from taking the train to just walking down the street was new and fresh...much better than hanging out in a mall somewhere. During the show she sang and interacted with a huge smile on her face. I think we spent most of the time watching her watch the show!

We're now considering a family trip to California as a follow-up to my lone trip in a few days to see David Gilmour again. I've realized that it's way too easy to get into a routine which itself can become a rut. Work is becoming a larger uphill battle than I've bargained for, and family life at home has been condensed into a two and a half hour exercise of getting ready for bed. It's getting warmer out, and Christine and I need to start planning family activities consciously and with regularity. Going away on a long trip maybe a nice way to mix things up a bit....

...now on to packing for my Gilmour pilgrimage out west....

Aww, I'm gonna miss these guys...

No comments: