Thursday, April 13, 2006

From David to Dora, & Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Now it's Noella's turn. She loves all things Dora, and how could I have turned up a chance while at RCMH last week to buy tickets for us? Well, on Sunday we'll be taking her to the same place I saw David Gilmour. I'm sure she'll have a blast, but I'll be seeing hallucinations of David Gilmour soloing to the Dora Theme Song...

She's never been to RCMH and we have pretty decent seats, so it should be a good experience. These tickets were pretty expensive so it better be! One ticket costs more than what I paid to see David Gilmour!!! Come on, it's a cartoon!




On another note, today is my mom's birthday. She's been so kind to me over the years (okay, I've been spoilt rotten being her only son). Noella has really taken a liking to her this past year as she has filled in babysitting for us. She turns 63 today.

We bought her a little cake, and Noella wrote a special note in her card. Here's Noella singing "Happy Birthday" to her Nana Flora. It was a rough start between them, but they really have grown to love each other. There's lucky little Shaggy-Precious who we found abandoned as a puppy in an empty lot Thanksgiving 2004. She's brought plenty of joy and companionship to my mom since then.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's taken awhile for me to respond, but i was at the 4/4/06 show in NYC and was amazed! had been checking your blog for awhile and so wanted to meet your group for drinks and dinner, but saddly was a day early. the thing that made me respond was how much my 2 year old would love to see dora! (that makes me feel so dated) i check the gilmour blog several times daily and feel as though you are somewhat of a "celebrity" there. :) anyway, just wanted to let you know that your pics were great and that i have several cell phone & digiatal camera "movies" i would love to share with you if you are interested.

Angelo Ortiz said...

Hi Sally! Aw, thats a shame. A different grop hung out each day on the 4th and the 5th! You could have joined us...oh, well...

I'm glad you liked the pictures, and man are you brave to take camera videos! LOL! I'm sucking up everything I can for posterity, so sure! I'd love your pics/videos!

Are you going to see Dora? If not, I'll let you know how it was. And about the DG blog, I check everyday, too. I'm just a fan with a big mouth! LOL!!!! Aaah, New Yorkers....

Angelo Ortiz said...

Thanks Alexa.