Friday, April 07, 2006

David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall: Coda

I took only two pictures inside RCMH. I couldn't help myself. I needed to have some visual record of my feeling that night. First, the scalloped dome and stage. It was from this vantage point that I witnessed what will probably be the most satisfying musical experience of my life.


(PICTURE REMOVED)


This one is from a DG Blog friend, Deborah, who sat just a few rows from the front. Then there was this picture below that I took during the end solo of "Comfortably Numb"...

(PICTURE REMOVED)

...I was in a Cathedral of Sound, and David Gilmour conducted his sermon to maximum effect. I'm already a convert, but man am I reborn....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angelo, I was reborn watching Live8 "live" on my computer last July. I was SO moved by those four songs from the past. I can't believe I had the good fortune to go from seeing and hearing that and being reawakened to seeing and hearing the man himself in nine months! SO incredible.

Thanks for everything! (Are you into ROIOs?)

Angelo Ortiz said...

I watched Live 8 too!! It was so mocing I have to admit got misty eyed. I never thought I would ever have the chance to see them play together again.

ROIOs? Offcially, no....(but unofficially is another matter ;-) )

Do you have any unofficial information?

chriselo@optonline.net