Saturday, April 01, 2006

T-Minus Three Days......


It's three days until David Gilmour and company open their North American Tour at Radio City Music Hall. I was in the area today with my daughter and brother-in-law and took these pictures with my camera phone.



Here's a poster outside RCMH. This one is not too far from the stage door entrance (hmmm?)


Manny's Music put together a Gilmour shrine with a replica of the strat he bought there around 1970.



"On an Island" ranks number five on the Virgin Megastore charts based on their sales of the album. A free lithograph with the purchase of OAI is still available at the Times Square location. Here's some guy with obvious good taste.

Three days to go and I'm pumped!!! Next stop: The Discovery Channel Store for a good pair of binoculars.....

By the way, if any Gilmour Blog friends are reading this and plan on driving to RCMH, park north of 50th street and west of 8th Avenue to save $$$! I parked on 46th and 8th Ave. and paid $44 for a few hours!!! That's the middle of the theatre district and a block from restaurant row!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Angelo! I'm "virtual" friends with Deborah and Laurie and will be hanging out in NYC with them, although I'm going to the Tuesday show and they're going the next night. Which one are you going to again? Tuesday, right?

I'm hoping I can come to the pre-show get-together Tuesday but I'm supposed to have early dinner with some OTHER Gilmour fans so I'm having trouble coordinating all this stuff.

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting you at some point and appreciate all the scouting out work you've done. Nice website, too, dude.

Becky in Atlanta
ragby1@yahoo.com

PS--I'll be wearing the pink REPENT GILMOUR IDOLATORS t-shirt!

Angelo Ortiz said...

Hi Becky! Thanks to Deborah and Laurie I'm going Wednesday the 5th. I do plan to go tuesday and wednesday to hang out even though I have tickets for the one show. Heartland Brewery has a dinner menu if you change your mind, but I know you'll be there in spirit. If you're still around Wednesday, I'll be there again obviously...

And thanks for the compliments!

Angelo Ortiz said...

Welcome to NYC! Weather looks good for Tuesday and Wednesday. This will be a great week all around! See you in 48 hours!

Anonymous said...

Hey Angelo:

I was at the show on Tuesday night. What an amazing show!. Sounds like Wednesday show was just as great. Here is my questions: I did not bring a camera with me to the show. Did you take any pictures of the concert. (I thought it would be tough to get a camera in, but tons of people had them). If so, I was wondering what it would take to get copies of them. I would also be interested in copies of the Radio City Music sign promoting David's show and poster of David's concert. Let me know and I hope you enjoyed the show.

Chris Sausville
Clifton Park, NY

Angelo Ortiz said...

Hi Chris,

I missed your comment for some reason? Do you still want pictures?

And that Wednesday was quite amazing! I want to go to another one!!!